1. Salvador Felipe Jacinto Dalí I Domenech was born at 8:45 on
the morning of May 11,
2. He was born and lived in Figueras, a town in
A) Cataluña, Spain (N.
Vasco, Spain (N. West)
3. His parents built him his first studio. His father was a
dealer B) doctor C) notary (lawyer) D) wine merchant
4. The young Dalí attended the San Fernando Academy of Fine Arts in Madrid. In
1925, when he was 21...
A) he has
his first one man show in Madrid B) he left to study
in the United States C) he was drafted
in the army
D) he became crippled
The following year, Dalí held his first one-man show in Paris. He also
joined the surrealists, led by former Dadaist Andre Breton. At that time he met Gala
who became Dalí's lover, muse, business manager, and chief inspiration.
5. Who was Gala married to at the time?
Breton, the French writer B) Joan Miró,
the Spanish painter C) Paul Eluard, the
French poet D) Jackson
Pollock,the American painter
6.Dali's most famous surrealist painting is called: The Persistance of Memory. In this painting you can see...
reflected in a pool of water B) a girafe with
drawers all the way up her neck C) watches melting
down D)three busts: one
old, one adolescent and one an infant.
Surrealism, a movement which André Breton was credited to be the
"founder" in 1924, is the belief that logic had failed humankind, so one must
turn to the unconscious and dreams¹.
7. Which author's ideas influenced this movement ?
Piaget B) Albert Camus C) Voltaire D) Sigmond Freud
8.In 1934, Dali broke away from the Surrealist group in Paris because of
political disagreements. He left Paris and lived between 1940 and 1948 in....
B) Spain C) Argentina D) Mexico
9. Dali returned to Spain where he died 7 years after his wife in ...
10. Dali's work is divided into periods. How many were there?
4 B) 3 C) 2 D) 1
See many Surrealist paintings on the Met web site:
page réalisée sur une idée de
This page was created by